Developing the leader within you 2.0 is the 25th-anniversary edition of the classic book. Which also have changed the way people think about leadership. In this book, John C. Maxwell gives an insight into how to create value, vision, influence, and motivation required to be a leader.
Furthermore, developing the Leader within you has not only revolutionized the process of becoming a leader, and the book has sold more than 1 million copies due to its influence over people. John C Maxwell also has published the 2.0 edition after 25 years of further experience and research on leadership, which makes this work more fascinating and compelling. Book also gives insight into the leadership process as the author further added the 25 years experience after his first publication.
Developing the leader within you 2.0 cliff notes
Table of Content
- 1 Developing the leader within you 2.0 cliff notes
- 2 Developing the leader within you talking points
- 3 Three Key Lessons becoming a leader
- 4 Developing the Leader within you 2.0 Twitter:
- 5 Developing the leader within you 2.0 chapters: The Wrap;
Developing the leader within you offer not only principles but also the insight, which people can use to refine their leadership skills no matter in what area or field they are working in and how well they know about their work. Leadership intimidates people. The book gives several leadership lessons from which the key are the following:
- The book defines leadership as an influence: Influence is needed to be the leader.
- The leader needs followers who follow his mission and thinking
- People choose their leaders for different reasons and similarly follow them for their own sake
- The position is essential as people follow someone who has the area, and they have to follow because of status.
- Permission: People will follow their leaders because they want to
- Productivity: People will follow leaders for what they have done for the organization
- People Development: People follow their leaders for what they have done for their people.
- Similarly, Person Hood: People will follow because of your personality and who you are.
- The key to leadership: Priorities. Leadership requires to keep his priorities straight, and he makes sure to use time and his energy wisely.
- Not only is this but also another key ingredient to becoming rise as the leader of his integrity. Say what you mean, mean what you say and do what you have said. A leader cannot be a true leader if he does not do what he said.
- A leader takes responsibility for his decisions and behavior.
- He held himself accountable for his actions
- The test to become the ultimate leader. Creating a positive change. Lead that change to spread over the whole organization.
- The leader did not resist change. They give momentum to change and lead from the front for the desired change.